Hotel Operations & Management
A Program teaching you to become proficient and knowledgeable in all aspects of hotel operations and management; about the key features of hotels, the main departments and their responsibilities, and how to provide good service to customers.
This Program aims to train men and women to be knowledgeable and professional in the operation and management of hotels, and in hotel positions. Hotel departments perform many operations which need trained, efficient staff to ensure guest satisfaction, and section leaders to control and guide them. Hotels vary in size, standard and type, and cater for guests with differing demands, which requires managerial understanding and skill. Hotels must be correctly and carefully marketed and promoted, and finances managed to avoid losses; all hotels are businesses with common functions and their prosperity and profitability requires managers with the skill and ability to ensure staff are effective, that guest needs are met, and that a quality service is provided. This Program covers all of these aspects and more.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Hotels as businesses: their functions and types, ratings and categories.
- The various locations, sizes, standards of hotels.
- The range and quality of facilities provided by hotels.
- Types and categories of hotel guests and their motivations for travel and visiting hotels.
- Planning the provision of hotel services; the organisation and management structures of hotels.
- Hotel products: accommodation, food and beverages.
- Tangible and intangible features of hotel products, various services.
- Marketing hotels and methods of selling hotel products; brochures, the internet, websites.
- Recruitment and staffing in the hotel industry, responsibilities and requirements.
- Hotel front offices: duties of receptionists, reservations, check-in, check-out, guest relations, guest billing, cashiering, complaints and dealing with them.
- The importance of product knowledge, attributes and skills looked for in staff.
- Uniform staff and their duties.
- Hotel bedrooms, furniture, fixtures, decor, en suite facilities, occupancy, features.
- The duties of the housekeeping department, staff training, motivation, room inspections, servicing, linen, security.
- Hotel catering: purchasing, storing and issuing foodstuffs, security and protections.
- Food preparation, hygiene issues and concerns, food outlets, catering; kitchens.
- Hotel restaurants, their ambience, layout, types of menus, types of service, restaurant staff.
- Hotel beverages, sales in bars, restaurants, room service, minibars, additional guest services.
- Financial accounts and statements, hotel computer systems.
- The ownership of hotels, the need for profitability, starting a hotel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MODEST CIC FEE
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Study & Training Publications.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Self-Assessment Tests, Training Tests and Examinations.
- Self-Assessment Tests and Recommended Answers for them, and a Progress Chart.
- Two Progress/Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) with an optional Tutorial Support Service.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Tourism & Travel Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Hospitality Management Honours Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Hospitality Administration (BSA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Hospitality & Events Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Event Management: Strategy & Planning Diploma 12 months (flexible)
This Program will assist in achieving a career in hotels, and in gaining promotions within the hotel industry. By covering a wide range of operational and managerial aspects of hotels it provides important knowledge and understanding for advancement to managerial roles.
Many of the operational skills are valid to other career areas as well, such as HR and customer service, both of which CIC offers further study in, as well as further studies in hospitality.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.