Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma on
Organisational Understanding & Development
This Program is designed to help managers (and potential and developing managers), supervisors, executives and others to manage more effectively and to improve organisational performance through gaining a clear understand of the processes, nature, motivation and behaviour of individuals and groups in organisations.
It is important for managers to understand the people-organisation relationship, and the social systems that exist and develop in organisations. With that knowledge they can decide upon and implement actions and control which benefit both the employees and the organisation to the maximum. Awareness and management of the organisational culture and climate, and an understanding of the factors affecting employee’s commitment lead to both managerial and organisational development and effectiveness, and reflect positively on the organisation’s attitude and ability to deal with change.
Through an understanding of the processes and relationships in work organisations, of management, and the behaviour of people at work, managers will be able to make the best use of people as valuable resources to the mutual benefit of all organisational stakeholders, and learn how to use their own power, authority, skills and leadership abilities to best effect.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Summary of Major Topics:
- Understanding individuality and the differences of those at work in organisations
- The changing nature and scope of managing individuals at work
- Personality and attitudes, theoretical approaches to individuality and individuals
- Ability, culture, gender, change, the socialisation process
- Orientations and motivations towards work, working practices
- The meaning and nature of learning
- The management of learning, knowledge management, learning organisations
- Learning theories, styles and models, creativity, facilitating learning, study skills
- Designing and evaluating development programmes
- The process of perception, meaning and individuals, internal factors, external factors, stimuli
- Transactional analysis, judgement, attribution theory, other theories
- Motivation, needs and expectations at work, theories of motivation
- Frustration-induced behaviour
- Implications for managers of these theories
- Developing reward strategies to motivate and reward workers
- Managing work groups and teams
- The types and importance of groups and teams, and their influences on behaviour and work
- Differences between groups and teams, and their formation
- Group cohesiveness, performance, development and maturity, and organisational factors
- Group theories and an investigation of groups and teams
- Roles, role relationships, role conflict and role stress
- Group processes and behaviour, interactions, factors of successful teams
- Belbin’s team-roles
- Analysis of behaviour in groups and behavioural theories
- Frameworks of behavioural analysis, group performance and effectiveness
- Organisational control and management power
- Management control systems, characteristics of an effective control system
- Strategies of control in organisations
- Power, compliance and management control
- The balance between order and flexibility
- Theories and realities of power and the use of power
- Motivation to improve performance
- Development in organisations, organisation development
- Organisational culture, the cultural web
- Conflict management, sources of conflict, strategies for managing conflict
- The nature and management of organisational change, human and social factors relating to change
- Management development
- The importance of effective management and models of management development
- CPD, management education, training and development
- Organisational improvement and effectiveness, the learning organisation
- Total Quality Management (TQM), business process re-engineering (BPR), EFQM excellence model
- Organisation audit , benchmarking
- Building organisational competence
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive Core Study Publication and supplementary Study Publication.
- Study & Training Guidance with advice on how to study to achieve success and gain top results.
- A detailed, professionally written Examinations Guide which includes expert advice, guidance and tips on how to prepare for, approach and answer Examinations in order to achieve the best results.
- Test Questions/Past Papers.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination.
- The prestigious Cambridge International College Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma when you pass the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Advanced Management & Administration Theory & Practice Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Modern Management & Administration Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Management & Leadership Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
- Organisational Behaviour Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Organisational Design & Behaviour Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma One year (flexible)
This Program is important for anybody wishing to understand organisations and the people within them, to improve efficiency, output and managerial ability. It will enable you to become a better manager, leader, executive and manager of people and the human resources of organisations, and therefore will drive your career success onwards.
This graduate-level Program is confirmation of your ability to successfully undertake further studies at graduate levels, in management, organisation, human resource and a wide range of related studies.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The standard Study Period is one year (12 months) but the actual time taken to complete the Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma is flexible.READ MORE »
To gain your prestigious high-level Mastery of Management Graduate Diploma you must sit and pass a written Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve a good result and obtain your respected Graduate Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
A professional, graduate level qualification, ideal for high-level managerial responsibility in all type of organisations.