Logistics, Supply Chain & Transport
A Program which teaches about, and how to carry out effectively, the vital role of business logistics and supply chain management.
This Program teaches current and intending employees, managers, business people and logisticians to understand logistics and supply chain management, and how to develop competitive strategies which maximise the effect of good logistics and transport organisation. This important subject incorporates many activities including: physical distribution, materials management, transportation, facilitating, supply chain management, procurement, order processing, purchasing, warehousing, stock and materials handling, and packaging. It focuses on planning, organising and controlling logistics activities and making the best decisions to ensure products and services are available at the right time and place, in the right condition, in a profitable and cost-effective way; and it covers strategic planning and decision-making as an important part of the logistics management process. The Program explains how to build customer relationships and to carry out logistics, supply and transport duties efficiently; it is vital for anyone who wants a career in logistics, supply and transport.
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Defining logistics, explaining its importance; the management of logistics and the supply chain.
- The processes and activity mix; costs, customer expectations, strategy.
- Business firms and added value through logistics effectiveness.
- Logistics and supply chain aims and the relationship to marketing, production, inventory and transport.
- Logistics and supply chain strategy (LSC), the relationship to overall corporate strategy.
- Logistics planning levels and areas, tactical decisions.
- Implementing strategy, channel strategies; their characteristics, measuring performance and costs.
- LSC products and their characteristics, and those effects on pricing and packaging.
- The effect of the product life cycle on managing and organising the supply and logistics.
- Elements and goals of customer service; its importance, handling complaints.
- The order cycle time, priorities in logistics.
- Logistics and sales and customer relations; defining the optimum service level.
- Logistics concerns about service variability and constraints.
- Order processing: definition, administration, order processing and order filling.
- Time and other factors affecting order processing; order status reports.
- Logistics information and management information systems.
- Dealing with inventory orders, warehouse management; functions, databases.
- Transport choices and features: rail, air, truck, water transport; their characteristics.
- Intermodal transport services, transport agencies.
- Decisions and strategies in transport choice; cost and rate profiles, variable and fixed, rate profiles.
- Transport decisions, selection and appraisal, private carriers, competition factors.
- Vehicle routing and scheduling, freight consolidation, transport documentation.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Purchasing & Resourcing Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Supply Chain Strategy & Organisation Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Materials & Logistics Administration (BLA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Materials & Logistics Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management (AMBA) Advanced Mastery of Business Administration (AMBA) 3 years (flexible)
Logistics is so important in the ability of a company to function and survive that trained and effective logisticians are in high demand, and are valued by the organisations for which they work. Covering so many aspects as it does, supply, logistics and transport matters opens up a wide range of job opportunities and career paths, including in distribution, materials management, transportation, facilitating, supply chain management, procurement, order processing, purchasing, warehousing, stock and materials handling, and more.
CIC offers related and further courses in logistics, supply and materials management, incorporating management and administration as well, at various different levels.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.