Supply Chain Strategy & Organisation
This Program teaches how to organise and manage the supply chain to generate sales, penetrate new markets, increase market-share, reduce costs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Effective supply chain management is essential for business growth and prosperity, generating sales, penetrating new markets, increasing market-share, reducing costs, and ensuring customer satisfaction, and in turn increasing profits - this Program teaches how to organise and manage the supply chain to achieve those aims. This Program concentrates on the vital supply chain functions of planning, forecasting, inventory strategy and policy, and explains how to make the right, effective decisions needed for success. It deals with scheduling, storage, facility location, network planning and implementation, logistics and supply chain organisation and control.
(This is the ‘twin’ Program to ‘Logistics, Supply Chain & Transport Management’ which we recommend be studied first.)
- Summary of major topics
- What is included
- Related courses
- Study & Career development
Major Topics Covered in this Diploma Program include:
- Forecasting supply chain requirements, methods and techniques of forecasting.
- Problems and uncertainties of predicting supply needs, collaborative forecasting.
- Ensuring flexibility and quick response in supply chain management.
- Variations in demand, controlling lead times, dealing with prices and costs.
- Monitoring, noting and assessing trends.
- Inventory control and policy decisions, deciding upon inventory location points.
- Managing the flows of goods and services.
- Inventory appraisal and monitoring, categories and types of inventory.
- The objectives of holding inventory, pull and push inventory systems.
- Materials Resource Planning (MRP).
- Pipeline inventories, aggregate control of inventories, supply-driven inventory control, virtual inventories.
- Purchasing and supply scheduling, the decisions involved, storage and handling systems, costs.
- Mathematical models relating to purchasing, supply and scheduling.
- Facility and site selection - the factors involved.
- Planning, design and operational needs of sites and warehouses.
- Materials handling systems, planning and designing them.
- Location strategy and decisions, single and multiple facilities location.
- Factories, dynamic warehouse location, design and control of channels.
- Network planning and product flows: data sources and checklists.
- Logistics research, tools for analysis in network planning.
- Facility costs and their capacity; the configuration of networks.
- Benchmarking and quality, monitoring efficiency.
- Supply chain organisation and control: the differing choices.
- Orientation and positioning of the supply chain.
- Inter-functional and inter-organisational management, and integrated planning.
- The control process; managing, developing and understanding the control framework.
- Data measurement and analysis relating to the supply chain.
Your CIC Fee includes:-
- Your enrolment/registration with Cambridge International College, and your own high-quality, professionally produced and illustrated comprehensive International CIC Core Study Publication.
- A detailed, professional ‘Study & Training Guide’ with full instructions on how to study to achieve success and gain top results. The Guide includes detailed advice on how to answer Tests and Examinations.
- Training Tests (which can be used as ‘Past Papers/Questions’) and Recommended Answers for them.
- The Final Examination sat under Invigilation/Supervision in your own area - full details, guidance and explanation of how your Examination will be arranged and how Invigilation is conducted will be provided when you register. Note, CIC arranges Examinations in over a hundred countries worldwide for thousands of Members every year; it is a flexible, straightforward process and will be arranged when YOU are ready to write your Examination. The prestigious Cambridge International College Diploma on successful completion of your Study & Training and on passing the Final Examination.
- Your personal page on CIC’s Member Services website with access to results, despatch details, advice and guidance, and more: www.cambridgeinternationalcollege.co.uk
- Regular information and news including: Newsletters with details of special offers and new Programs and much more; and Competition Forms; by email and post.
- Everything needed for your Study & Training success is included in the CIC Fee.
- Further Study and Training Advice, and Assistance is available before, during and after CIC Study & Training; Members may ask CIC’s team of experienced Consultants for advice on further study and Programmes to improve career prospects and advancement.
- CIC’s experienced and helpful staff can assist with numerous special requests, such as reference/recommendation letters and transcripts, and more, by post and email.
- Logistics, Supply Chain & Transport Diploma 12 months (flexible)
- Materials Management Honours Diploma 21 months (flexible)
- Materials & Logistics Administration (BLA) Baccalaureate 2 years (flexible)
- Materials & Logistics Administration Executive Business Administration (EBA) 3 years (flexible)
- Purchasing & Resourcing Management Diploma 12 months (flexible)
Effective supply chain management is essential for business growth, prosperity and profits, and the principles apply to all organisations; therefore trained supply chain personnel are in high demand so this is a wise career choice. It is helpful for anyone looking for careers in, or aiming for advancement in logistics and supply.
Related, wider and higher studies are offered by CIC in logistics and supply chain management and administration, and provide routes to studies in related and similar areas of study.
Sign up to this course
Duration & Assessments
The Study Period is one year (12 months) but this is flexible; the Diploma can be completed in a shorter period, or you can take longer if necessary.READ MORE »
To gain your Diploma you need to sit and pass an Examination/Assessment. Full and clear details about this are provided to you, including in your Study & Training Guide, after you have enrolled. The clear information explains when, where and how your Examination/Assessment will be arranged - it is a simple and straightforward process, which hundreds of thousands of other Members have successfully gone through. If you study well, and follow the advice in the CIC Study & Training Guide, then you should be able to achieve high marks and good grades, and obtain your prestigious International Diploma!
(See the College Prospectus, or the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the “Contact Us” page of this website, if you would like more information.)
An international accredited qualification for professional development and career success showing you have substantial skills, competence and knowledge.